Calderglen Outdoor Community Sport Hub
What is the Calderglen Outdoor Community Sports Hub?
The hub is a place where local sports clubs work together to provide accessible and high quality sporting opportunities throughout the greater East Kilbride community.
So is the Hub just a building?
NO! The hub is an opportunity to extend the sporting heritage that exists within Calderglen Country Park. For over 50 years Calderglen has been home to a number of great sports club and the hub aims to support these clubs through: promotion, coach education, community engagement, and much more. Thus ensuring the continued provision of top class sport in a beautiful location.
What are the benefits for the community?
Through the development of the Hub it is hoped that:
- More people in the local community will be physically active
- More voluntary opportunities to support the local sporting community
- Local sports clubs will build in structure and sustainability
- There will be a greater number of sports clubs and partners working together
- Resources can be shared to increase the sustainability and quality of provision
Sport Scotland help for clubs – this is a great free resource to support the hub clubs.
Active Schools – a link for people to access all contacts and news for active schools.
Leisure Trust Website -the trusts spot development page is a great source of knowledge and support for clubs in terms.
Get In Touch
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org