EKFC is a recently formed Football Club based in East Kilbride , South Lanarkshire and is a proud member of the Calderglen Sports Hub. The club has grown to exceed 29 teams with over 600 players
Born out of the previous clubs of Stewartfield FC and Jackton Boys Club, EKFC is a fully fledged and functioning united club with strong beliefs on encouraging our youths to enjoy and further their fitness and skills in a club where our coaches are trained to all the relevant standards
The original club was founded in 1871, making it one of the oldest Clubs in Scotland, pre-dating both Rangers (1873) and Celtic (1888). The original club did not have a badge, as was the custom at the time. Research at SFA Museum of Football confirmed the colours of the original club to have been navy and gold. The badge for the new club also features the Oystercatcher bird and the colour red, symbols of St Bridgit after whom East Kilbride is named.
The modern club was as a result of the coming together of Stewartfield FC and Jackton Boys Club. As from 2010, all 11 teams from Stewartfield and the 1996 Jackton BC team united and have played under the name of East Kilbride FC. The club motto is “a priory” or “based on what went before”, as a reminder of the original club, the two founding modern teams and the other Clubs which subsequently joined.
The new Club is based at K-Park in Calderglen Country Park with the aspiration of eventually becoming the first ever professional club in East Kilbride. K-Park was built and is operated by East Kilbride Community Trust, a Registered Charity and is available to other sports – such as rugby, athletics and also to other football clubs in the local area. The Club has achieved the highest level of SFA Quality Mark, Community Club Award and the 5 Core Values of discipline, diet, fitness, respect and manners which underpin the aim of lifelong development.